I know everyone’s minds have been racing with new ideas planned for Fall since fashion week season has come to a close and everyone has had the chance to thoroughly stalk style.com and all of the designer’s fall collections. But let’s not forget about the next season that I hope will be here quite soon. With Spring vaguely tickling our minds, I thought I’d share some of my favorite trends that I look forward to incorporating into my spring wardrobe.
1. Pretty in Pastels – Pastels give off a soft, romantic, feminine and fresh look that is the perfect way to get spring on our minds. With any delicate color such as mint and baby blue, this light, soft-hued palette will put a crisp pep-in-your-step. This trend is all about mixing-and-matching the soft muted colors and adding in super feminine, sparkling elements. You can even mix in contemporary tones with this light palette to give your look a modern feel. For a fun twist on the pastel trend, try pairing a long mint tulle skirt, with a neutral tank, cropped beige cardigan and a pair of old glamour heels. With this look, you can never forget your ladylike accessories.
2. Cream of the Crop – Stomach-skimming crop tops have made a scene on the runways, and have definitely made a standout statement on my trend list. This trend doesn’t mean that you’re going to be baring your stomach for all to see -with crop tops, it’s all about proportions. Mix your bra tops with high-waisted pencil skirts, or a high-waisted flared pant. If I haven’t totally turned you off yet from the idea of possibly exposing your stomach, add on a long knitted cardigan or a boxy jacket, and you’ll have a retro-style spring trend on your hands.
3. Globe Trotter – From punchy patterns to bold colors, this trend has all areas of the map covered. Anything from tie-dyed to woven embroidery, raffia work to beaded finishes, all different materials and techniques are used. You can mix and match these different tribal inspired pieces with your everyday jeans and heels, but if you want to go for the “all-out” world traveller look, sport an embroidered blouse over pattern shorts, a pair of raffia heels and a fun, eclectic cuff for an added touch of tribal chic. With this trend, clashing is definitely doable, and most definitely encouraged.
4. Roaring 20′s – Think Great Gatsby and fabulous flapper dresses. We all have a flapper dress hiding in the dregs of our closets from past Halloween’s, but this spring it’s all about bringing back the roaring 20′s. With its seductive inspired elegance, flapper dresses, drop waists and satin slips are all back in style.This trend is all about the details, so go for the deco heels, the chandelier earrings and the jewel encrusted clutches. They will add a serene antiquity to the rich, feather adorned, slinky silk dresses of the season.
5. Domestic Goddess – For all those stay at home moms, or even those who aren’t, there is no longer any excuse to not get put-together in the morning, and this trend is your calling. Structure and properly tailored pieces is just a glimpse of what this spring look has to offer. Candy-colored tweeds and prim floral designs are all taken from the 50′s inspired style dresses. A cute, tweed mini-dress, pearls and a pair of kitten heels is all you need. Delicate floral designs and refreshing neutrals create a sexy yet sophisticated style that should not be taken for granted. And ladies, please remember to match your accessories to your dress, you wouldn’t be considered a housewife without them.